- Sutts, Strosberg LLP does not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, or e-mail during your visit to this website. This personal information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily.
- All personal information you do provide is protected under the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
- This means that, at the point of collection you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected, and that you have a right of access to the information, and to request corrections or additions to your personal Information if you feel there are inaccuracies.
- Sutts, Strosberg LLP uses software that receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of computers that have connected with this website. The purpose of collecting the number of connections to our website is to facilitate the reporting of these statistics to the Court. This link also operates as a security measure to locate and identify any unauthorized access or attempts to breach database security through our website.
- Sutts, Strosberg LLP uses industry standard firewall and encryption technology on this website to keep personal information that you submit to us secure. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of personal information, we have put in place physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect online.
- However, data transferred over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although we have taken reasonable and industry standard steps for protection, we cannot warrant the security of any person al information transmitted to us by this means and you transmit at your own risk. Sutts, Strosberg LLP does not accept any liability for personal information so submitted, nor for third parties' use or misuse of personal information.
- Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except the Court, or parties authorized by Court Order to receive the information, and Sutts, Strosberg LLP personnel and agents who require the information to :
- Operate and administer the Class Action Settlement, according to the terms and conditions as approved by the Court;
- Evaluate and consider a claimant's eligibility status under the Class Action Settlement;
- Ensure the claimant's personal information is accurate, complete, and as current as possible;
- Establish and maintain claimant communication;
- Compile reports and statistics for the Court;
- Comply with any legal requirements as may be imposed from time to time under the Court's ongoing authority and supervision;
- Conduct quality assurance and Court ordered audits;
- Offer and provide services to meet the demands of the Court.
- Where personal information is collected, used, or retained that includes the personal information of other identifiable individuals, your personal information will not be released to or shared with those identifiable individuals, nor will their personal information be released to or shared with anyone, UNLESS written consent has been obtained from the claimant, or the other identifiable individuals authorizing such release or sharing of such personal information, or; unless required by law, or authorized by the Court according to the terms and conditions of the Class Action Settlement.
If you are not satisfied that we have adequately respected your privacy, or you have questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the PIPEDA, you may contact Sutts, Strosberg LLP at 800.2 29.5323, extension 8245.